Richmond Hill Bed Bug Detection and Removal Services
If you have bed bugs in your Richmond Hill home or business, you know what an ordeal an infestation is. Fortunately, the experts at GreenLeaf Pest Control have the experience and know-how to deal with even the most serious infestations in the Greater Toronto area. We will inspect your home, find the source of the infestation, and create a personalized treatment plan to rid the pesky creatures from your home or business. In addition, we will instruct you and your
family or coworkers about the preparations you need to make for the extermination.
How to Recognize a Bed Bug
- Bed bugs are usually less than ¼ inch long. They look somewhat like an apple seed, with an oval shape, reddish brown color, and no wings.
- They live off the blood of mammals and other warm-blooded creatures, though humans are their favorite source of food. They cannot grow without blood, but they can sometimes live up to a year on one meal.
Typical Bed Bug Patterns:
Those with bed bug infestations in Richmond Hill usually notice certain behavioral patterns including:
- Living in clusters
- Feeding at night when you are asleep
- Hiding during the day in dark spaces of a home or business
- Living in materials such as fabric, paper, or wood
- Living as close as possible to their source of food
- Ability to live in spaces as small as one millimeter. They usually settle in mattress cracks and seams first; later they move to box springs and headboards.
- Moving quickly
- Adults usually become engorged after 10 or 15 minutes, while adolescent bed bugs (nymphs) only need to eat for about three minutes.
- When a bed bug infestation is severe, you may find them in doorframes, floor cracks, baseboards, under carpet and wallpaper, behind picture frames, in curtains, in smoke detectors, electrical boxes, and other small, enclosed spaces.
The Life Cycle of a Bed Bug
- Bed bugs can lay up to 12 eggs per day. These eggs have a sticky coating that allows them to attach to most surfaces.
- After 6 to 10 days, the eggs hatch, and the baby bed bugs, or nymphs, are immediately ready to eat.
- After a bed bug eats, it will grow, or molt. After it eats and molts five times, it is considered a mature bed bug.
- Bed bugs usually live 12 to 18 months and can produce two other generations in a lifetime.
Recognizing Bed Bug Bites
- Bed bug bites look and respond differently for everyone.
- It can take anywhere from 2 days to 4 weeks for a bite to appear.
- 60% of people do not even have a reaction to bed bug bites.
Bed Bug Bite Basics
- Bed bugs have a kind of beak, which pierces the skin and injects an anti-coagulant, allowing them to harvest more blood.
- Though some people have a stronger reaction to bed bug bites, most people only experience a mild reaction with some itching and irritation.
- A few people can have severe reactions to a bite. Some people may experience extreme anxiety, stress, and insomnia, and a bed bug infestation can cause a complete disruption of their lives.
- Bed bugs typically feed while you are asleep. Because they eat at night, and because they are hard to see, you may not notice bed bug bites, or you might confuse them with another type of bite or allergic reaction.
- Bed bugs carry 28 different diseases, although scientists have not proven that bed bugs actually pass these diseases on to human beings.
How to Tell If Your Richmond Hill Home or Business Has a Bed Bug Infestation
- Check for bugs on your bed, couches, and chairs
- Check for small blood stains on your bedding, signs that bed bugs have been feeding
- Bed bugs often come in from outside, so check for bugs in and around your stored luggage
- Thoroughly check your bedroom for bugs. Look at the box springs, mattress, bed frame, and check behind wallpaper, pictures, and wall hangings, between floorboards, and underneath carpet.
- In addition to looking for bugs, look for their skins, which they discard during molting.
GreenLeaf Pest Control Provides the Most Thorough Bed Bug Removal Services in Richmond Hill
If you suspect a bed bug infestation, you should immediately call GreenLeaf Pest Control before the problem becomes even worse. Our experts will talk to you about the signs of bed bugs, help you prepare for our visit, and give you an idea of what you can expect when we come to your Richmond Hill location. We will then send one of our highly experienced technicians or a specially trained bed bug dog to your home and detect the source of your bed bug problem. Once we have located the source of the creatures and determined the level of infestation, we will create an extermination plan that is unique to your home or business. Most of our treatment plans include the following:
- Preparation Services - Proper preparation is one of the most important steps you can take in ridding your building of bed bugs. When one of our bed bug treatments fails, it is almost always because the owner did not take the correct steps to prepare for our arrival. We provide a Bed Bug Preparation Sheet that gives step-by-step instructions about how to make the most of our services
- Commercial Steamers – Using powerful steamers, we can heat homes or businesses to temperatures of 120 degrees Celsius. This is a completely natural way to kill eggs and bed bugs, as well as fleas and dust mites without damaging your home or releasing any harmful chemicals.
- Vacuuming – We use a specialized high-powered vacuum that is equipped to get into the smallest spaces to physically remove all bed bugs and eggs from the premises.
- Residual Treatment – After steaming or vacuuming, we often treat dust cracks, crevices, and other areas that could not be steamed with diatomaceous earth, which is a completely natural pesticide. In cases of severe infestation, we may also use minimal amounts of pesticides.
- Sealing and Monitoring – Once we have located and treated any mattresses, couches, or chairs that have been a bed bug haven, we will seal them off and place monitoring devices nearby. After two weeks, we will visit your home for a follow-up inspection.
There Is No Reason to Be Embarrassed; Don’t Delay in Contacting GreenLeaf Pest Control
All too often, people put off contacting an exterminator when they suspect a bed bug infestation. There is a stigma attached to bed bugs, and many people associate the creatures with uncleanliness and poor hygiene. This is simply not true. Bed bugs come indoors on luggage, laptops, and backpacks, and the insects will make their homes in even the most immaculate locations. Rather than contacting an exterminator, people often try to deal with the problem themselves by spreading unnatural and dangerous chemicals or by moving furniture around, which can only exacerbate the problem. If you are still embarrassed, rest assured that GreenLeaf Pest Control will arrive at your Richmond Hill home in an unmarked vehicle so that your neighbors do not know that you are being treated for bed bugs.
There Is No Better Option Than GreenLeaf Pest Control for Safe, Effective Pest Control in Richmond Hill
No matter what type of pest you are dealing with, whether it is bed bugs, ants, wasps, wildlife, birds, or any other type of unwanted creature, GreenLeaf Pest Control provides the most efficient, safest, and environmentally responsible extermination and pest removal services in Richmond Hill. Call 416-998-9473 today to get your pest control problem under control as soon as possible.