GreenLeaf Pest Control Offers Professional Mouse Control & Mouse Exterminator Services in Markham, Newmarket, King City, Tottenham, Barrie, Stouffville, Vaughan, Richmond Hill and the Greater Toronto Area.
During the winter months, mice look for the warmth of your home's interior, as well as the promise of food and water. Mice don't hibernate, but instead, will start reproducing. A single mouse can produce 8 liters of disease-carrying waste, and 32-56 pups a year.
Due to their distinct habits and biology, it can be difficult to practice successful mouse control
. However, without proper control, mice can pose a serious threat to your home or business, by gnawing on anything they can find and contaminating the home or business with their waste.
Mice are known carriers of disease, thus proving a health hazard to humans. For that reason, prevention is better than cure.
Mouse Control: How to Prevent Mouse Infestations
- Seal cereals and grains in glass or metal containers.
- Store fruit and vegetables properly, and throw resulting waste in the garbage.
- Recycle cardboard objects as soon as possible, as rodents chew it up to use in their nests.
Mouse Control Measures
It can be difficult to successfully exterminate mouse infestations, and they can cause significant damage to buildings, and even to local agriculture.
The following tips will help you combat mouse infestations by sealing off any possible entry points, including:
- Install door sweeps. Rubber-encased steel fabric sweeps or high density brushes work best. (Fitting brush strips underneath the doors of older properties.)
- Sealing the holes around pipes with a coarse stainless steel wire wool, mortar or pliable sealant (caulking).
- Sealing holes made for cables to prevent mice from chewing larger openings.
- Covering airbricks and vents with galvanized wire mesh.
- Fixing damaged eaves and covering gaps with wire mesh.
- Trimming back trees away from the house to prevent shrubs, vines and overhanging branches from giving mice access to your home.
- Mowing the lawn to prevent it from providing food and shelter to mice.
GreenLeaf Pest Control offers a fast and effective method for getting rid of mice in your home or business. Our humane solutions include mouse poison that will pose no threat to your children or pets.
Mouse Exterminator & Other Pest Control Services
Due to the El-Nino we're experiencing, there is some uncharacteristically warm weather, and we're starting to receive calls for ant control
. March and April are the start of carpenter ant season.
Commercial clients tend to struggle with the resurgence of cockroaches, however, we offer a range of residential and commercial services for all your pest control needs.
GreenLeaf Pest Control has set the industry standard for environmentally friendly, quality pest and mouse control in Newmarket, Toronto, Mississauga, Barrie, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Oakville, and all of the Greater Toronto Area. Whether you need mouse control, ant control
, cockroach control
, or any other pest control services, get hold of Green Leaf Pest Control today at 416.998.9473.