Bed Bug Extermination in Toronto Using IPM: Together, We Will Take Aim Against Bed Bugs in Your Home
When it comes to keeping your Toronto home a pest-free haven for you and your family, Greenleaf Pest Control believes that knowledge is power. We consider it of utmost importance to educate our clients about pests, and particularly bed bugs, as there is much misinformation about bed bug prevention and treatment. When you contact Greenleaf Pest Control with a concern about bed bug removal in your Toronto home, we will conduct a thorough inspection to determine the severity of the bed bug infestation, work side by side with you to craft the very best treatment plan, and provide you with a tailored program and preparation guidelines prior to the arrival of our professional bed bug removal technicians to perform bed bug treatment and removal.
During the initial consultation, you will speak with a Greenleaf Pest Control bed bug eradication specialist to determine if, in fact, bed bugs are what you are dealing with. If it turns out that you are, then we will discuss what you can immediately do yourself, and plan next steps toward eradicating the bed bugs from your Toronto home once and for all.
Your Greenleaf Pest Control technician will conduct a thorough inspection of your premises, which may include the use of Tracker, our certified bed bug canine, to confirm the presence and location of bed bugs, determine the degree of infestation, and create a specialized treatment plan.
Bed Bug Treatment Overview
Preparation is mission critical to effectively eradicating bed bugs. After your inspection is complete, your Toronto exterminator will give you a “Bed Bug Preparation Sheet” which is a checklist of tasks that will need to be completed prior to the treatment date. For bed bug treatment to achieve maximum effectiveness, the pest control professional and the homeowner must work in tandem to prepare prior to the treatment, execute the treatment itself, and then follow up properly. It is a partnership that requires full cooperation and compliance from the client and the bed bug extermination team.
What to Expect During Bed Bug Treatment
- Vacuuming. Greenleaf Pest Control will use vacuums designed specifically for specific pest control purposes. These vacuums have strong suction, specific tools designed to suction small cracks and crevices, and can reach areas that other vacuums will not. A thorough vacuum of the infested areas will be completed, and the physical removal of bed bugs during that process puts your bed bug treatment one step ahead.
- Steaming. A study in the United States (Meek 2003) has shown that a combination of steam and insecticides provides better long-term control than insecticides alone. Greenleaf Pest Control has commercial steamers that treat infested areas with heat steam at a minimum flow rate to ensure the bed bugs aren’t blown around. This combination of steam and insecticides kills bed bugs, bed bug eggs, fleas, and dust mites instantly, yet it cools to the touch within seconds so that no damage is caused to furniture or other surfaces. For more information about steaming, see: WHY HIGH HEAT STEAM FOR BED BUGS?
- Residual Treatment. After vacuuming and steaming, our Toronto exterminators will apply diatomaceous earth (a non-toxic pesticide) to cracks and crevices, paying particular attention to areas that cannot be treated with steam, such as electrical outlets. Depending on the severity of the infestation, your Toronto pest control professional may also apply a chemical spray for bed bugs to areas that require additional or more aggressive treatment.
- Encasement and Monitoring. The last steps in the treatment process are sealing mattresses and box springs with an encasement that is impenetrable by bed bugs and placing bed bug monitoring devices on the legs of beds and couches. To learn more about the bed bug monitoring device used by Greenleaf Pest Control, go to The www.thebedmoat.com.
- Next Steps and Follow Up. When bed bug treatment is completed, your Greenleaf Pest Control technician will leave you with post-treatment instructions, explain what to expect in the first few days after treatment, and make recommendations for any needed repairs to keep bed bugs from re-entering your residence. Your follow-up appointment will be scheduled to occur at two weeks post-treatment.
Call Greenleaf Pest Control to Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Toronto, Vaughan, and Surrounding Cities
When you want safe, effective, efficient, and ecologically friendly bed bug removal for your residence or business, contact Greenleaf Pest Control at 416.998.9473 for Toronto residential and commercial bed bug eradication. Greenleaf Pest Control has set the industry standard for environmentally friendly, quality pest control of insects including bed bugs, wasps, ants, cockroaches, as well as rodents and wildlife, including squirrels, skunks, and birds. Greenleaf Pest Control is pleased to serve Newmarket, Toronto, Mississauga, Barrie, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, Oakville, and all of the Greater Toronto Area.